Welcome to this website about Sellar’s plans to redevelop land on the corner of Bermondsey Street/Snowsfields/Vinegar Yard in Southwark.
We’re excited about our proposals to deliver a scheme that reflects and complements the character and energy of Bermondsey.
This website is designed to help you stay informed on the progress of the project. We will be updating the website throughout the planning process to help the community stay up to date with the proposed development.
Following public consultation at our offices in November 2018 we have submitted a planning
application to Southwark Council.
About the scheme
Our scheme proposes a carefully coordinated group of commercial buildings that offer a range of benefits in this important location:
- C. 140,000 sq ft of modern and flexible office and co-working space, including 10% affordable workspace supporting local start-ups and small businesses
- 1,600 new jobs for the local area
- New, independent local shops
- Improved public realm from
- Bermondsey Street to the new piazza
- Restoration of the Vinegar Yard Warehouse
- An environmentally considerate scheme, targeting BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating, including London’s first Climate Hub
This project is also part of the St Thomas Street East Framework, a collaboration by four major landowners and developers in the area; Greystar, Columbia Threadneedle, CIT and Sellar.
You can view our proposals through Southwark Council’s planning portal using the application reference number 19/AP/0404.
You can see details of the other workshops held by the four landowners at: www.stthomasstreeteast.co.uk.
If you have any questions about our proposals or would like to discuss them with us please get in touch with the consultation team using the CONTACT US page.